1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 env. Unflavored gelatin 3 pkg. (8oz) cream
1 cup sugar, ¼ tsp. salt cheese at room temp
3 egg yolks 2 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
1 cup milk 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 egg whites(room temp) 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
- Make graham-cracker crust: In small bowl, combine crumbs, 2Tbsp. sugar and
butter; mix well with fork. Press into bottom of 9 inch spring form pan.
- Make cheese filling: In small, heavy saucepan, combine gelatin, ¾ cup sugar and the
salt. In small bowl, with wire whisk, beat egg yolks with milk until smooth;
gradually stir into gelatin mixture; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved and custard is thickened
slightly (should form coating on metal spoon) – about 5 minutes. Remove from
heat; cool 10 minutes.
- In large bowl; with electric mixer, at medium speed, beat cream cheese, lemon rind,
lemon juice and vanilla until smooth – 3 minutes. Slowly add cooled custard,
beating at low speed just to blend. Set in a bowl of ice water to chill, stirring
occasionally, until mixture mounds (partially set) when lifted with spoon.
- Meanwhile, at medium speed and using clean beaters, beat egg whites until soft
peaks form when beater is slowly raised. Gradually add ¼ cup sugar, beating until
stiff peaks form.
- Add beaten egg whites and the sour cream to cheese mixture; beat at low speed just
until smooth. Turn into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate until firm
and well chilled – at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, loosen side of pan with spatula. Spread Blueberry glaze over top.
1/3 cup sugar 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 ½ cups blueberries 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
½ cup water
- One hour before serving: In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; mix
- With fork, crush ½ cup blueberries. Stir into sugar mixture along with ½ cup water.
Bring to boiling, stirring, until thickened and translucent. Add lemon juice and rest
of blueberries. Cool 30 minutes. (Serves 10-12)